Quake – Lisbon Earthquake Centre
Click on titles to show or hide content
What is & Photos
- Quake is an immersive attraction in Lisbon that takes visitors back in time to relive the Lisbon Earthquake of 1755.
- Visitors can experience a simulated earthquake, learn about earthquake science and engineering, and explore the history of earthquakes in Portugal and around the world
- The experience includes state-of-the-art simulators, video-mapping and interactive 4D technology.
- The center features interactive exhibits, multimedia displays, and artifacts related to earthquakes and seismic activity
- Visitors can learn about the history and science of earthquakes
- The center is open daily, with guided tours available in Portuguese, English, and Spanish
Prices & Opening Times
Adult €25 (online)
Over 65: €20
Tickets Cancelation Policy
Non-refundable. Rescheduling up to 48H
Rescheduling Fee: €3,50
10:00am – 6:00pm (last entry)
How to get there
Rua Cais da Alfândega Velha, 39
Train: Cascais Line (Belém station)
Bus: 201, 714, 727, 728, 729, 751 (Belém stop)
Tram: 15E, 18E (Belém stop)
Eat & Drink nearby
Pastéis de Belém
Rua de Belém nº 84 a 92
Phone: +351 213637423
Lisbon iconic custard tart
Long queues but mooving fast
On-site cafe & take-away custard tart
We may earn a commission from affiliate links
Frequently Asked Questions
about the Quake
Quake is an immersive attraction in Lisbon that takes visitors back in time simulating the Lisbon Earthquake of 1755
The 1755 earthquake was a devastating earthquake that struck Lisbon, Portugal on November 1, 1755.
The earthquake, which had an estimated magnitude of 8.5-9.0, caused widespread destruction and resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of people. It was followed by a tsunami.
Visitors can expect to see interactive exhibits, multimedia displays, and artifacts related to earthquakes and seismic activity.
They can experience a simulated earthquake, learn about earthquake science and engineering, and explore the history of earthquakes in Portugal and around the world.
The immersive experience at Quake lasts approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes
The entrance fee for Quake is €25 for adults, €17,50 for children aged 6-12, and free for children under 6 years old.
Discounts are available for seniors, students, and groups.
Quake tickets are non-refundable and cannot be cancelled.
However, it is possible to change the date and time of your visit up to 48 hours before the scheduled time by paying a fee of €3.5 per ticket.
Quake is open daily from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Quake is located at Rua Cais da Alfândega Velha, 39. The nearest train station is Belém, which is served by the Cascais line. There are also several bus stops nearby, including the Belém stop for bus lines 728, 714, and 727. If you prefer to drive, there are paid parking in the area.
Yes, Quake is suitable for children. The center offers educational programs and workshops for schools and other groups.
However, children under the age of 4 cannot use the simulator.
The experience at Quake is available in Portuguese, English, and Spanish.